Loyola Rugby began competition in the spring of 2001 and has offered Rugby at the high school level since. Rugby is a high school sport only and draws a student body of approximately 750. Loyola Rugby competes in the Maryland Interscholastic Athletic Association and locally against club teams in the Greater Baltimore / Washington, D.C. areas. Loyola Rugby also competes regionally and against Jesuit Schools in the Northeast when possible.
Loyola is accepting applications for the position of head varsity rugby coach beginning with the 2022-2023 school year.
- Manage two to three sides: Varsity, JV, and Fresh-Soph.
- Teach the game of Rugby within the guidelines of World Rugby and USA Rugby. Note that most student-athletes have little or no experience with the sport.
- Teach principles, techniques and methods of play in a manner consistent with standards of safety and fair play in preparation for competition.
- Lead the Rugby program, direct the coaching staff and attract and hire coaches as needed.
- Build community and belonging within the rugby program.
- Collaborate with the Athletic Department and school employees.
- Manage the inventory of all rugby related gear and equipment.
- Motivate student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport.
- Oversee the creation of the program schedules
- Act and teach in a manner consistent with mission statement of Loyola Blakefield in order to instill those values in players and coaches.
For more information or to apply, Click Here.