Mount Carmel seeking applicants for Athletic Trainer
Our Lady of Mt. Carmel School is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Athletic Trainer. Our Lady of Mt. Carmel is a Catholic, coed school for grades Pre-K-12 in Essex, MD. The school fields 26 teams throughout the school year from our Middle and High Schools. We play in the MIAA for our boys’ teams, and the IAAM for our girls teams.
This is a 10-month position that pays over a 12-month period and reports directly to the Principal and Athletic Director. The Athletic Trainer would also be required to teach 2-3 classes each day pertaining to Health and Sports Medicine along with coordinating a Sports Medicine Education Program with Student Athletic Training Aides that is established at the school.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing athletic training services for all home athletic contests and away football games.
- Providing rehabilitative services to student-athletes after school before practices and games.
- Acting as a liaison between physicians and specialists, the school, the athletes and their parents.
- Maintaining accurate records of physicals, injuries, treatments and rehabilitation.
- Coordinating the Sports Medicine Education Program.
A Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s Degree is preferred, BOC Certified, Eligible for Maryland State Licensure (must possess state license at time of employment), CPR/AED/First Aid certified. Experience working at the Secondary School level is preferred.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and names and contact information for 3 references to: