Rick Brocato, Ron Klausner and Mac Kennedy continue to serve up the hottest new show in high school lacrosse
The 2nd episode of the 2019 Kooper’s Tavern VSN LaxCast is here with special guest Dave Cottle, the head coach of the Chesapeake Bayhawks of Major League Lacrosse. He follows Johns Hopkins’ men’s lacrosse coach Dave Pietramala, who joined our crew last week, as we kicked off our second season.
Cottle, a Baltimore native who played at Northern High School and Salisbury University, made his mark in the coaching world at Loyola University in Maryland (then Loyola College) and the University of Maryland before moving into the professional ranks with the Bayhawks.
Hosts Mac Kennedy, Rick Brocato and Ron Klausner bring Coach Cottle into their lively weekly discussions on high school lacrosse. This week’s show, as always, features several great segments, including:
- The O’Connor, Mooney Fitzgerald Hot Seat Segment where the guys discuss all of the new rules for 2019.
- TruLacrosse Players to Watch segment in which some of the top local high school players to watch are discussed.
- Kooper’s Tavern Coach’s Corner Segment where our hosts discuss strategy and interesting coaching concepts, especially in light of this year’s new rules.
- MacKenzie Commercial Real Estate Royalty/Rivals Segment in which we the gang discuss some all-time local greats of the game of lacrosse.
- Kelly & Associates Insurance Group Hey Day Segment where the guys have an extended conversation with Coach Pietramala about his playing and coaching career.
- Cowen System’s Top 10 Teams Segment where the gang looks at some of the top teams and games in the early season.
- Chesapeake Medical Imaging Injury Prevention Segment. In this episode the team takes a look at some common lacrosse injuries, especially those typical to the early season.
Click the player below to listen to Week 2 of the Kooper’s Tavern VSN LaxCast with Dave Cottle. Also, click here to visit our show page where you can listen to all current past shows.