Friends School of Baltimore is seeking a Junior Varsity Boys Tennis Head Coach for the 2018 season. This position reports regularly to the Director of Athletics, and is a paid, part-time seasonal position. The tennis season begins on February 21st and concludes in mid- to late May. Practices are typically from 3:45-5:45 pm daily. Friends School currently competes in the MIAA “A” Conference.
- Plan and attend all practices and games.
- Communicate with parents and students effectively.
- Write post-game summaries to be used by the Marketing department in community-wide communications.
- Train, supervise, and evaluate student managers.
- Drive school vehicles (minibuses) to and from away contests, scrimmages, tournaments as needed.
- Attend meetings with the Athletic Department, the tennis coaching staff, and the Director of Athletics..
- Organize and maintain all related equipment and uniforms for the program.
- Attend and participate in end of season awards ceremony, senior Day celebrations, and awards assemblies.
- Work collaboratively with the Admissions Office and the Office of College Counseling in support of our student athletes.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Junior Varsity or Varsity coaching experience preferred.
Interested candidates should apply with their resume, cover letter, and supporting documents to the link on the school website.