John Carroll seeks a boys varsity basketball head coach
The John Carroll School, an independent, college-preparatory, co-educational Catholic school for grades 9–12, established in 1964 and located on 72 acres in Bel Air, Maryland, is currently seeking a qualified Varsity Boys Basketball Coach for the 2018/2019 school year.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises all aspects of the program including the JV team and active recruitment of qualified student athletes
- Builds a schedule for the competitive season within the framework of the MIAA and BCL.
- Directs and supervises instructional and conditioning camps throughout the year.
- Teaches fundamentals for all aspects of this sport.
- Communicates with parents and the community to promote this sport and The John Carroll School.
- Records academic performance in order to promote the student-athlete.
- Promotes safety within all aspects of the program.
- Provides coaching and instruction that upholds the values and ideals of the Catholic Church and is in alignment with the mission of The John Carroll School.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated success in coaching at the high school level is required; experience playing at a high level also preferred.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the skills involved with this sport.
- Excellent communication and active listening skills.
- Ability to relate and work with diverse groups.
To Apply for This Position:
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Steve Teter, Director of Athletics, at email@example.com.